The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the way health care is managed, but drug and alcohol treatment is still available for those who are battling substance abuse.
Addiction is a chronic illness, but the great news is many treatment options are available.
Dual diagnosis care, partial hospitalization treatment, detoxification, and drug and alcohol treatment are among available services.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Norwich, CT
Knowing where to turn can be scary if you or a loved one is fighting drug abuse, but help is available near Norwich.
Many addiction treatment centers have the services to help combat your illness and find recovery support.
Some questions to ask when searching for quality drug and alcohol rehab near Norwich:
- Is the facility licensed by the state?
- Does the program offer proven and effective treatment methods?
- Are assessments offered before treatment?
- Is medication-assisted treatment (MAT) available?
- Is family support encouraged during treatment?
- Is a long-term plan for recovery offered?
Treatment Options Near Norwich, CT
Many treatment facilities near Norwich will provide an individual assessment for each resident prior to giving them a treatment plan. This is a necessary step in order to determine each individual’s needs.
Not everyone is battling the same addiction or mental health issues.
Some will need intensive outpatient treatment while others may receive a dual diagnosis and need inpatient drug rehab and mental health treatment.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Many residents near Norwich will go through drug or alcohol detox prior to the start of their treatment plan. This is just the first step in getting the help you need.
Medical detox uses medications such as methadone or buprenorphine to aid in ridding your body of substances. This medication can help with pain, drug cravings, and withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Many residents near Norwich may benefit from inpatient treatment. If someone is given a dual diagnosis or has severe substance use issues, they may enter an inpatient program.
Inpatient rehab may provide detox or behavioral healthcare in a 24-hour care setting. Individual and group counseling are a part of treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Norwich residents may need outpatient treatment, which can be more or less intensive. It is not in a residential setting, but some people are in a partial hospitalization program, which involves hours of care each day.
Outpatient services may include behavioral therapy, intensive group therapy, and drug use education. It can be very beneficial and is normally less costly.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living is ideal for Norwich residents who need continued supervision following inpatient rehab.
Sober living offers a structured living environment and often provides onsite counseling, peer support groups, and help finding employment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
A continuing-care plan can provide a great opportunity and the tools for those living near Norwich to maintain sobriety.
Quality treatment programs provide ongoing counseling, recovery support, and help with basic needs for those trying to live a substance-free life.
Norwich, CT Substance Abuse Programs
Various sectors of the New London community work together to address substance abuse prevention in southeastern Connecticut.
Programs in New London County include:
- New London Community and Campus Coalition: works to reduce and prevent the use of alcohol, drugs, and other substances.
- Southeastern Regional Action Council (SERAC): a non-profit organization dedicated to substance abuse prevention in southeastern Connecticut to unite the communities in order to reduce the impact of substance abuse and other addictive behaviors.
Norwich, CT Addiction Statistics
New London County has one of the highest rates of drug overdose mortality in all of Connecticut. Heroin and prescription opioids are some of the most-abused drugs.
The total number of fatal drug overdoses for Connecticut in 2020 was 1,372. That was an increase of more than 14 percent compared to the previous year.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
We can help you or your loved one get the care you need for a drug or alcohol addiction.
Bedrock Recovery Center, a short car ride from Norwich, is located in Canton, Massachusetts. We provide inpatient and other treatment services to all of Connecticut and New England.
Let us provide you the help you need to combat your substance abuse. Don’t wait to call our helpline today.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Norwich, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders Treatment Information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction Drug Facts
- New London County—Community Health Needs Assessment
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment
Bedrock Recovery Editorial Team
©2023 Bedrock Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.