It is essential for those living near Shelton and battling substance abuse to get the effective types of treatment services they need.
Many treatment facilities provide treatment options that are tailored to target individual needs. It is crucial to get the help you need for your specific substance use disorder.
Treatment options include inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient programs, and behavioral health care.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Shelton, CT
Shelton residents may struggle to determine the specific type of care they need for themselves or their loved one, but treatment providers can help determine your needs.
Make sure you choose a quality treatment facility that offers the resources you need for your health care.
Some qualities to consider in a rehab facility near Shelton:
- the facility should be licensed by the state
- the program should offer proven treatment methods
- assessments are given before a treatment plan
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is available
- family support is included
- a long-term plan for recovery support is offered
Treatment Options Near Shelton, CT
Treatment can look different for each individual near Shelton depending on factors surrounding their drug or alcohol addiction.
Your assessment will help your treatment provider determine what is the best treatment plan.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Drug or alcohol detox alone will not provide the complete treatment needed to live a drug-free life for those near Shelton.
Some people may be prescribed medical detox as part of their treatment plan. This method uses medications such as methadone or buprenorphine to help with drug cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
People near Shelton who have a more severe problem, are given a dual diagnosis, or who have a co-occurring disorder can benefit from inpatient treatment.
Inpatient programs offer 24-hour residential care, can last up to several months, and offer intensive counseling. Mental health treatment is often part of inpatient rehab.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment for those living near Shelton may include more intensive or less intensive treatment sessions. Treatment is not in a residential setting but may last several weeks or months.
Many times, treatment can involve some sort of behavioral therapy and offers intensive group therapy sessions. It is ideal for those who have a home and full-time employment.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living near Shelton offers a safe, structured living environment for residents who may not be able to resume life yet within society.
This short-term housing is often connected to a recovery center and offers onsite counseling. Sober living may offer support in life skills or finding employment.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Continuing care for Shelton residents leaving inpatient care is essential in helping them have the resources they need to live a drug-free life.
Ongoing group counseling, medication therapy, and community support involvement can be helpful.
Shelton, CT Substance Abuse Programs
Fairfield County participates in the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program to combat drugs and target drug trafficking.
The HIDTA program includes:
- The New England HIDTA
- New Haven-Fairfield County HIDTA Task Force
- New England Fugitive Task Force
- New England Domestic Highway Enforcement
Shelton, CT Addiction Statistics
Fairfield County has the lowest rate of drug overdose mortality for all the Connecticut counties. In 2019, Connecticut had more than 1,200 unintentional drug overdose-related deaths.
Heroin, fentanyl, and opioids are some of the most-abused drugs in the county, and the majority of drug treatment admissions in Connecticut are a result of heroin.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
We can assist you in getting help if you or a loved one need substance abuse treatment.
Bedrock Recovery Center, less than three hours by car from Shelton, is located in Canton, Massachusetts. We provide drug and alcohol detox, inpatient drug rehab, and more to all of New England.
Call our helpline today, and let us provide the assistance you need to combat your addiction.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Shelton, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Injury-Prevention/Opioid-Overdose-Data/Monthly-Death-Reports/March-2021_2020-and-2019-Drug-Overdose-Deaths-Monthly-Report_CT_Updated-4_12_2021.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders Treatment Information https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/step-by-step-guides-to-finding-treatment-drug-use-disorders/if-your-adult-friend-or-loved-one-has-problem-drugs/treatment-information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction Drug Facts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-connecticut.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment