The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many hurdles for people battling substance abuse, but help is available near Southington.
Addiction is a chronic illness, but the bright side is many treatment options are available to target the specific needs of each individual.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Southington, CT
Treatment facilities near Southington are taking precautions and working to help those fighting drug or alcohol abuse.
Many families find it difficult to choose an addiction treatment center for their loved ones, but there are factors to consider.
When searching for a drug rehab facility near Southington, look for these qualities:
- assessment of each person is provided before treatment
- accreditation and quality care
- licensed treatment providers
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- effective treatment methods
- family involvement
- long-term continuing care
Treatment Options Near Southington, CT
Each resident near Southington should be evaluated by a treatment provider before receiving a treatment plan.
Many treatment options can provide the tools individuals need to maintain a drug-free life. Some types of services include inpatient and outpatient programs, medical detox, and behavioral health care.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
The first step in beginning a treatment plan for those near Southington is drug or alcohol detox. This process will help aid the brain to function normally.
Often, medical detox is used to safely help a person rid their body of substances. It can also help with withdrawal symptoms. Methadone is one popular medication used.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment near Southington may be suggested for residents who have more severe problems. This can include a dual diagnosis where people may need more than drug treatment.
Mental health treatment is sometimes provided and intensive counseling is used to help people. Inpatient rehab can last several weeks to several months.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment can include partial hospitalization programs for those near Southington.
Outpatient programs offer many options to individuals depending on how severe their situation is. Often intensive group therapy and drug education are offered.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
People living near Southington may be referred to sober living following inpatient rehab. This is an ideal living situation for those not yet ready to enter society and may need more structure.
Sober living homes offer a safe place for residents, an onsite counselor, and a peer support group. Individuals attend group therapy and learn skills to help them live independently.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
A continuing care plan is very important for anyone leaving inpatient treatment near Southington. Individuals have a better chance to live a drug-free life when they have support.
People are urged to find a community support group and a group of peers that understand and can support their sobriety.
Southington, CT Substance Abuse Programs
The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program coordinates drug control efforts among several law enforcement agencies.
HIDTA Task Forces in Hartford County:
- The New England HIDTA serves Fairfield, Hartford, and New Haven counties. It identifies and disrupts drug trafficking and money laundering in the region.
- The Hartford County HIDTA Task Force focuses its efforts on the Hartford County area and major transportation centers to reduce the availability of illicit drugs.
Southington, CT Addiction Statistics
Drug overdose mortality rates have remained steady in the past couple of years in Hartford County. The county was ranked fifth in drug overdose mortality rates in 2019 and 2020.
Most deaths involve an overdose of prescription opioid painkillers and illicit opioids. Heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl are also among some of the most-abused drugs.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Help is nearby for those needing help with a substance use disorder.
Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, Massachusetts, serves all of Connecticut and the New England area. It is a short drive from Southington and offers many treatment options.
Services include inpatient programs and other recovery programs to help combat your drug addiction.
We can answer questions, help you find a treatment program, and assist with health insurance. Call our helpline today, and get the support you need.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Southington, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Injury-Prevention/Opioid-Overdose-Data/Monthly-Death-Reports/March-2021_2020-and-2019-Drug-Overdose-Deaths-Monthly-Report_CT_Updated-4_12_2021.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders Treatment Information https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/step-by-step-guides-to-finding-treatment-drug-use-disorders/if-your-adult-friend-or-loved-one-has-problem-drugs/treatment-information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction Drug Facts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Understanding Drug Use and Addiction DrugFacts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/understanding-drug-use-addiction
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-connecticut.pdf