Rehab Centers In Stamford, CT
Those residents battling substance abuse issues near Stamford can find help nearby.
Many types of treatment options are offered, including alcohol and drug detox, drug treatment, and mental health treatment.
Resources are available for families who need assistance in finding a reputable treatment facility that can provide individualized care for their loved ones.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Stamford
It can be overwhelming for residents near Stamford when searching for a rehab facility. Oftentimes knowing what factors are important in locating an addiction center can be confusing.
Ask questions that are geared toward your individual needs.
When choosing a rehab facility near Stamford, here are some helpful questions to ask:
- accreditation: Is the facility licensed by the state or accredited through an organization?
- medications: Is medication-assisted treatment (MAT) offered?
- evidence-based practices: Are proven treatment methods used?
- families: Are family members included in the treatment plan?
- continuing care: Is continuing care supported after initial treatment?
Treatment Options Near Stamford, CT
Drug addiction can be a complicated illness, but the good news is treatment is available near the Stamford area. Each resident should receive a personal assessment to determine their specific treatment needs.
Some people may find they are given a dual diagnosis and need behavioral health care along with drug treatment.
Treatment programs may include inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, detox, and aftercare.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
One type of detoxification offered near Stamford is medical detox, which offers medications such as methadone or buprenorphine to aid in drug or alcohol detox.
These medications are prescribed to help relieve withdrawal symptoms, manage pain, and curb drug cravings.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment for Stamford residents can include mental health treatment along with drug detox and drug and alcohol treatment. Rehab is in a residential setting and can last several weeks or months.
Inpatient rehab provides individual and group counseling and 24-hour, around-the-clock care.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient services near Stamford may benefit those who have a home, a full-time job, or a good family support group.
Daily, intensive counseling sessions are offered at the beginning of treatment and transition to less intensive sessions over several weeks. Outpatient programs are normally less costly than inpatient treatment.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Stamford residents may be referred to sober living following inpatient treatment. This form of living provides a more structured environment.
Residents live within a group setting and drug-free environment. An onsite counselor may provide support and group therapy.
Aftercare and Continuing Care
Residents in Stamford are often given a continuing care plan when leaving inpatient treatment. Having a strong support group is essential to help maintain sobriety.
Finding a community support group and working on a 12-step plan is always encouraged. The longer a person stays in treatment, the more likely they will reach long-term recovery.
Stamford, CT Substance Abuse Programs
Connecticut participates in the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program. Drug control efforts are shared among several law enforcement agencies in designated HIDTA counties.
Southwestern Connecticut HIDTA Task Force:
- focuses on identifying and disrupting criminal organizations transporting and distributing heroin, cocaine, and crack cocaine from New York City into the Fairfield County area
- provides agencies with coordination, equipment, technology, and additional resources to combat drug trafficking and its harmful consequences in critical regions
Stamford, CT Addiction Statistics
Heroin is the most commonly cited drug among primary drug treatment admissions in Connecticut. Fatal drug overdoses increased by more than 14 percent from 2019 to 2020.
In 2020, drug overdose mortality rates rose from 2019 in Fairfield County, but the county still recorded the lowest rates in the state.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
If you or your loved one is struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction, we can offer help.
Bedrock Recovery Center, located just a short distance from Stamford in Canton, Massachusetts, offers inpatient drug rehab to Connecticut residents and all of New England.
We can answer questions, help find recovery support, and assist you with rehabilitation. Contact our helpline today.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Stamford, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Injury-Prevention/Opioid-Overdose-Data/Monthly-Death-Reports/March-2021_2020-and-2019-Drug-Overdose-Deaths-Monthly-Report_CT_Updated-4_12_2021.pdf
- Connecticut State Department of Mental Health—Opioids and Prescription Drug Overdose Prevention https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Health-Education-Management--Surveillance/The-Office-of-Injury-Prevention/Opioids-and-Prescription-Drug-Overdose-Prevention-Program
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders Treatment Information https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/step-by-step-guides-to-finding-treatment-drug-use-disorders/if-your-adult-friend-or-loved-one-has-problem-drugs/treatment-information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction Drug Facts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Understanding Drug Use and Addiction DrugFacts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/understanding-drug-use-addiction
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-connecticut.pdf