Addiction can be overwhelming for those struggling with a substance use disorder. It is a complex but treatable disease that affects brain function and mental health.
No one can know all the factors that may contribute to a loved one’s illness, but treatment services can help those living near Wallingford.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Wallingford, CT
Choosing an addiction treatment center can be overwhelming when you don’t know what to look for in drug abuse treatment programs.
It is helpful to choose a treatment facility that offers quality care that targets your specific needs.
Qualities to look for when seeking a rehab facility near Wallingford:
- state certification
- licensed treatment providers
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- effective and proven treatment methods
- family support
- continuing care
Treatment Options Near Wallingford, CT
Not every person near Wallingford will need the same treatment plan. Make sure your treatment facility provides a personalized assessment to determine your needs.
Some individuals may benefit from drug treatment, alcohol detox, mental health treatment, or a sober living facility. Many treatment options are tailored to fit your health care.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Medical detox is a type of detoxification offered to Wallingford residents that may include the use of medications such as methadone or buprenorphine.
The medication allows individuals to safely detox, suppressing withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab near Wallingford is 24-hour residential care for people who may have more severe or multiple drug or alcohol abuse problems.
A dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder may require drug detox or mental health treatment along with substance abuse treatment. Inpatient drug rehab can be short- or long-term.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment for Wallingford residents may involve a partial hospitalization program and can be highly intensive. It does not include overnight stays.
Although outpatient treatment is less costly, most often it includes intensive group counseling that can last several weeks or months.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living near Wallingford is a short-term housing option for people following inpatient treatment who are not yet ready to re-enter society.
Sober housing provides structured living within a safe, drug-free environment. Sometimes sober living homes are adjoined to a rehab facility and offer onsite counseling.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Successful treatment for those living near Wallingford involves a long-term plan to help decrease any chance of relapse. It is important residents continue a 12-step plan after leaving treatment.
COVID-19 has disrupted access to support services for many people. However, virtual meetings where peers can still support each other may help individuals maintain sobriety.
Wallingford, CT Substance Abuse Programs
The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program enhances and coordinates drug control efforts among various law enforcement agencies.
Projects and Task Forces working in the New England area include:
- New England Fugitive Task Force: targets fugitive members of Colombian and Dominican drug trafficking organizations and other drug trafficking organizations operating in the New England area
- New England Domestic Highway Enforcement: works to promote law enforcement efforts on major highways in the area
- Financial Investigative Task Force: identifies, investigates, and prosecutes large-scale drug money laundering organizations
Wallingford, CT Addiction Statistics
Drug overdose death rates in New Haven County were at a rate of 44.8 per 100,000 in 2019.
Fatal drug overdoses for 2020 were nearly 1,400, which was more than a 14 percent increase from 2019.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Drug and alcohol treatment is available for those battling a substance use disorder.
Bedrock Recovery Center is located in Canton, Massachusetts, just a short drive from Wallingford. We serve Connecticut and surrounding New England states.
Many treatment options are offered, such as inpatient rehab, medical detox, and mental health treatment.
Contact our helpline today to learn more about the treatment plans we have available.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Wallingford, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Injury-Prevention/Opioid-Overdose-Data/Monthly-Death-Reports/March-2021_2020-and-2019-Drug-Overdose-Deaths-Monthly-Report_CT_Updated-4_12_2021.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—FAQs on COVID-19 and Substance Use https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/comorbidity/covid-19-substance-use
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-connecticut.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment