Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious illness, but assistance is available for those near West Haven who want to get their life back on track.
Counseling and other behavioral therapies are used in treatment, but many people need more than just drug treatment.
Treatment facilities offer a specific treatment plan for each individual that aids in their recovery. Treatment options offered include inpatient rehab, medical detox, and behavioral health care, among others.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near West Haven, CT
Knowing how to choose the right addiction treatment center can be challenging when you may not know all the facts about a loved one’s addiction.
It is important to choose a treatment facility that will provide an initial assessment to determine what treatment services are needed.
Look for these qualities when searching for a rehab facility near West Haven:
- accreditation and quality of care level
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is available
- proven treatment methods that have been effective
- family support is encouraged
- continuing-care plans are supported
Treatment Options Near West Haven, CT
Effective treatment near West Haven should address all of a person’s needs, not just their drug addiction.
Often, a person is diagnosed with a co-occurring disorder or receives a dual diagnosis.
These individuals may benefit from drug and alcohol treatment, drug and alcohol detox, mental health treatment, and a continuing care plan.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Medications used for alcohol and drug detox may include methadone or buprenorphine to help residents near West Haven suppress withdrawal symptoms during detoxification.
Medical detox is only the first stage of treatment, and it is important for treatment providers to monitor individuals continuously.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient rehab near West Haven can be effective for those with more severe problems or those who receive a dual diagnosis.
Inpatient programs include 24-hour structured and intensive care. They may focus on detoxification and intensive counseling.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment is sometimes intensive at first, and West Haven residents may need multiple outpatient sessions each week. Eventually, they will transition to fewer hours per week.
Most outpatient programs involve individual or group drug counseling, or they may include both. Outpatient services normally cost less.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living near West Haven offers supervised, short-term housing for people following inpatient treatment.
Sober housing can help people make the transition from treatment to an independent life within society. They are encouraged to seek support services within the community.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Successful treatment for West Haven residents involves several steps and long-term aftercare to prevent relapse is essential.
A good aftercare plan includes attending counseling and being involved in a community group where peers can support each other and help maintain sobriety.
West Haven, CT Substance Abuse Programs
The New England High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) seeks to identify, investigate, disrupt, and dismantle drug trafficking and money laundering organizations in the region.
Projects and Task Forces working in the New England area include:
- New England Fugitive Task Force targets fugitive members and drug trafficking organizations
- New England Domestic Highway Enforcement promotes law enforcement efforts on the major highways
- Financial Investigative Task Force seeks to identify, investigate, and prosecute large-scale drug money laundering organizations
West Haven, CT Addiction Statistics
Drug overdose death rates in New Haven County, Connecticut in 2019-2020 were at a rate of 44.8 per 100,000.
Fatal drug overdoses for 2020 was 1,372, which was more than a 14 percent increase from 2019.
Drug overdose death rates were the highest in the 35-44 age group.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Help is available for Connecticut residents fighting substance abuse.
Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, Massachusetts, is just a little more than a two-hour drive from West Haven. Here, you can benefit from several treatment options, including inpatient drug, detox, and mental health treatment.
We can answer your questions about our rehab facility and help determine the right treatment plan for you or your loved one. Contact our helpline today to learn more.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from West Haven, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—FAQs on COVID-19 and Substance Use
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Types of Treatment Programs
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration