Substance abuse treatment programs in Amherst, NH, and surrounding areas offer a range of treatment services that can help those with a drug or drinking problem achieve recovery.
If you or a loved one in or near Amherst, NH, is looking for drug or alcohol rehab services, Amherst is home to a number of evidence-based treatment options.
Rates Of Substance Abuse In Amherst, NH
Amherst is a town located in Hillsborough County in New Hampshire. The small town, near Manchester, has a population of roughly 11,822 residents according to 2021 Census data.
Alcohol and drug abuse trends in Amherst, NH:
- In March 2022, Hillsborough County had the highest admission rate per capita for opioid treatment in the state, with about 10.5 admissions per 100,000 population.
- The vast majority of drug treatment admissions in Hillsborough County are for heroin or fentanyl misuse, followed by cocaine and meth use (not including alcohol use disorder).
- From 2014 to 2017, the state of New Hampshire had one of the highest rates of opioid overdose deaths in the United States.
In 2017, Hillsborough County had the highest opioid death rate in the state of New Hampshire.
- But from June 2020 to June 2021, New Hampshire was one of just four states in the U.S. that saw a decrease in fatal drug overdoses, while others saw increases.
- However, statewide, opioid-related visits to emergency departments increased 16 percent from February to March 2022.
Although Amherst is a small town, it is close to Manchester and Nashua, New Hampshire. Those cities have been some of the hardest-hit in the state by the opioid epidemic and overdose crisis.
Common Addiction Treatment Services Offered In Amherst, NH
Addiction can be treated at multiple levels of care, from inpatient rehab — the most intensive form of treatment — to outpatient treatment and aftercare support for long-term recovery.
Treatment programs commonly offer a variety of treatment services that are, together, designed to address the physical, mental health, and emotional effects of addiction.
Drug and alcohol addiction recovery services may include:
- detoxification (detox)
- individual counseling
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- dialectical behavioral therapy
- group therapy/counseling
- 12-step recovery groups
- motivational interviewing
- family therapy
- trauma therapy
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- inpatient treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment
- short-term residential treatment
- intensive outpatient programs
Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment can be paid for using several different means: self-pay, insurance coverage, a treatment scholarship, and/or other forms of public assistance.
Many major insurance providers in New Hampshire offer some form of coverage for drug and alcohol treatment in Amherst, Merrimack, Concord, Derry, and surrounding areas.
New Hampshire Medicaid
Medicaid recipients in the state of New Hampshire may have access to a number of treatment services that are eligible for Medicaid coverage.
Substance use disorder treatment is a covered health benefit with Medicaid insurance. The types of treatment covered under your plan may depend on your policy and the treatment provider.
Private Health Insurance
Addiction treatment is commonly paid for using private insurance. Many private insurers offer coverage for evidence-based substance abuse services through their coverage plans.
Health insurance providers such as Aetna, Amber, Harvard Pilgrim HealthCare, and Cigna offer coverage for drug rehab programs, among many others.
Co-pay, coinsurance, and other insurance requirements may apply.
FAQs For Rehabilitation Centers In Amherst, NH
Find answers to frequently asked questions about drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers in Amherst.
Do Treatment Centers In Amherst Offer Medication-Assisted Treatment?
Addiction treatment programs in Amherst may offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) options for opioid use disorder and/or alcohol use disorder.
This might include methadone maintenance, buprenorphine/Suboxone treatment, naltrexone/Vivitrol treatment, or medication for alcohol use disorder (e.g. disulfiram).
Do All Addiction Treatment Centers In Amherst Accept Insurance?
This can vary from one treatment facility to the next. Many rehab facilities do accept some insurance plans, but not all.
You will need to check with your chosen rehab center to confirm whether your insurance is accepted, and whether it will cover the full or partial cost of treatment.
How Long Does A Drug Treatment Program In Amherst Last?
Treatment programs commonly range from 30 to 90 days in length. Some programs can last longer, depending on the type of program and a person’s treatment needs, among other factors.
Find Addiction Treatment At Bedrock Recovery Center
Bedrock Recovery Center is a leading drug addiction treatment center in Massachusetts, located less than 70 miles from Amherst, New Hampshire.
Our treatment center in Canton offers substance use disorder treatment and treatment for dual diagnosis.
If you or a loved one in Amherst is seeking treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction, call our helpline to learn more about Bedrock’s treatment programs.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Amherst, NH
- Bipartisan Policy Center — State Case Studies: New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services — Bucking National Trend, Overdose Deaths in New Hampshire Decline
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services — New Hampshire Drug Monitoring Initiative: Drug Environment Report, March 2022
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Behavioral Health Barometer: New Hampshire, Volume 6
- U.S. Census Bureau — QuickFacts: Amherst town, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire
Bedrock Recovery Editorial Team
©2022 Bedrock Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.