Rehab Centers In Goffstown, NH
Substance use disorders affect brain function and can have an impact on behavioral health.
People near Goffstown seeking drug treatment may also suffer from mental health problems. Sometimes people receive a dual diagnosis when seeking help for drug abuse.
Inpatient treatment can provide the resources and care needed to aid in rehabilitation.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Goffstown
Rehab facilities near Goffstown should offer a drug and alcohol abuse assessment for residents to target their specific needs.
Addiction centers should employ reputable treatment providers that offer specific treatment plans for each individual’s needs, not just addiction.
Respected drug and alcohol rehab facilities near Goffstown should offer:
- an assessment that provides details for a person’s treatment plan
- license or certification of facility and treatment providers
- proven and effective methods for treatment
- medication assistance when needed
- family support plan
- continuing care plan
Treatment Options Near Goffstown, NH
Drug addiction is a chronic disease, and its use is hard to control despite the consequences, but it can be successfully managed.
Seeking help at a treatment facility is the first step in the right direction. Many people start with alcohol or drug detox.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
The initial step in getting Goffstown residents some help with substance abuse issues is drug or alcohol detox. This is the process of ridding your body of all substances.
Medication can aid in the detoxification process by helping with drug cravings or withdrawal symptoms. Buprenorphine (Suboxone) and methadone are medications frequently used.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Goffstown residents should remain in treatment long enough to address their addiction. Inpatient programs can last from several weeks to several months.
Often, people are diagnosed with behavioral health issues along with their drug or alcohol addiction. Inpatient treatment provides intensive group and individual counseling to support rehabilitation.
Learn more about inpatient addiction treatment programs
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment near Goffstown can offer addiction services and mental health treatment. People usually begin with intensive counseling sessions.
Daily counseling sessions may be required initially and transition to a couple of times a week. Outpatient services are normally less costly.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living homes provide a drug-free living environment for residents of Goffstown. People live in a group setting and are expected to attend counseling sessions.
Sober living usually follows inpatient drug rehab for people to be acclimated back into independent living.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Continuing care is an important part of maintaining sobriety and living a substance-free life for Goffstown residents.
It is an essential step in maintaining sobriety, learning life skills, and adjusting back into society. People are encouraged to find a community support group.
Goffstown Substance Abuse Programs
New Hampshire’s regional substance use networks are now funded through a single state contract.
The Regional Public Health Advisory Councils in each public health region will come together to identify health priorities for their service areas.
The NH State Health Improvement Plan aims to address the misuse of alcohol in Hillsborough County along with the other 12 counties in the state.
Some of the main goals of the NHSHIP is to:
- decrease binge drinking in the 12-20-year-old age group
- decrease the portion of 12-17-year-olds using marijuana
- decrease the percentage of non-medical use of prescription pain medication in the 12 and older age group
- decrease drug-related overdose deaths
Goffstown, NH Addiction Statistics
New Hampshire ranks sixth-highest among states in the rate of binge drinking for those 18-25 years old. In 2010, oxycodone became the second-most prevalent drug of abuse after alcohol.
The percentage of individuals entering state-funded substance abuse treatment for oxycodone increased by more than 60 percent from 2008-2010.
Hillsborough County has the highest amount of drug abuse in the state of New Hampshire. They ranked second in suspected drug use that resulted in overdose deaths in 2020.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
We can help you or your loved one find help for drug and alcohol abuse.
Just a short car ride from Goffstown, Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, Massachusetts, offers inpatient treatment to residents of New Hampshire and throughout New England.
If you have any questions, or to learn about treatment options, contact our helpline today.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Goffstown, NH
- NH Division of Public Health Services— New Hampshire State Health Improvement Plan https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/documents/nhship2013-2020.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services—NH Drug & Alcohol Data https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dcbcs/bdas/data.htm
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services—National Institute on Drug Abuse https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/675-principles-of-drug-addiction-treatment-a-research-based-guide-third-edition.pdf