Rehab Centers In Portsmouth, NH
Substance abuse treatment is available for Portsmouth residents who are struggling with drug addiction.
Drug detox, alcohol treatment, inpatient drug rehab, and mental health treatment are available treatment options.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Portsmouth
Finding a rehab facility is not always easy if you don’t know what kind of recovery program is best suited for your needs.
Not all drug rehab centers offer the same services or provide the same level of care.
Reputable treatment facilities should offer:
- individualized assessment to prescribe a treatment plan
- proven treatments based on evidence
- medication prescribed by a medical practitioner
- family support network
- aftercare resources
Treatment Options Near Portsmouth, NH
Drug addiction affects nearly everyone around you, but like all health care, treatment options need to be specific to each Portsmouth resident.
A medical provider should address all forms of drug abuse as well as other behavioral health issues when providing a treatment plan.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Detoxification is the process where the body clears itself of drugs. Portsmouth residents should know drug and alcohol detox alone will not stop an individual from using drugs.
In some cases, medical detox, which uses medications like methadone or buprenorphine, may be used to help aid in withdrawal.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is available near Portsmouth for residents seeking drug and alcohol treatment.
Inpatient programs normally provide dual diagnosis care for patients struggling with drug or alcohol addiction and behavioral health issues. This treatment option provides 24-hour care.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment is a good alternative for Portsmouth residents who have a drug or alcohol addiction but also have a full-time job and support network.
Treatment is usually intensive in the beginning and transitions to less often. Counseling and drug education are a big part of outpatient programs.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living is a popular option for patients leaving inpatient treatment, and Portsmouth residents may consider this style of living to help maintain sobriety.
Sober living provides individuals with a drug-free group atmosphere and usually includes some sort of group counseling.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Inpatient programs often encourage Portsmouth residents to enter a continuing care plan to encourage them to lead a drug-free life.
A continuing-care plan helps residents find community support groups and develop life skills that aid in maintaining their sobriety.
Portsmouth Substance Abuse Programs
The COVID-10 pandemic has harmed mental health in New Hampshire and shown an increase in overdose deaths.
Some of the most abused drugs in Rockingham County include heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl. The Bipartisan Addiction and Mental Health Task Force is fighting back against a mental health and addiction crisis.
Some goals of the task force include:
- identify solutions and approve policies that address the substance use disorder crisis
- increase admissions to mental health care where needed
- study the pandemic’s impact on mental health and the substance use disorder crisis
- advance policies that will save lives
Portsmouth, NH Addiction Statistics
Heroin and fentanyl are among the most abused drugs in Rockingham County. In 2019, there were more than 70 drug overdose deaths.
In 2020, more than 400 opioid-related emergency department visits were reported, and New Hampshire had more residents admitted to a treatment facility for heroin use than any other drug.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
If you are struggling with a substance abuse disorder, don’t wait to get the care you need.
Just a short drive away in Canton, Massachusetts, Bedrock Recovery Center serves Portsmouth residents and all of New Hampshire. We offer inpatient rehab, partial hospitalization programs, and drug and alcohol detox.
To learn more about our treatment facility and the treatment options we offer, contact our helpline today. Don’t wait another day to find help for yourself or a loved one.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Portsmouth, NH
- Congresswoman Ann McLane Kuster— Bipartisan Addiction and Mental Health Task Force Statement on CDC Report on Dramatic Increase in Overdose Deaths Across U.S. During COVID-19 Pandemic
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Step by Step Guides to Finding Treatment for Drug Use Disorders Treatment Information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction Drug Facts
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Understanding Drug Use and Addiction DrugFacts
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services—Recovery Housing
- New Hampshire Drug Monitoring Initiative—2020 Overview Report
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Quick Statistics
Bedrock Recovery Editorial Team
©2022 Bedrock Recovery Center | All Rights Reserved
This page does not provide medical advice.