Rehab Centers In Salem, NH
Addiction treatment programs near Salem are offered to residents who may need recovery from alcohol or drug abuse.
Not all treatment options available are right for every person. Some residents may need alcohol detox along with drug treatment and mental health treatment.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Salem
When choosing an addiction center near Salem, it is best to ask questions to find out what treatment options are available.
Some rehab facilities offer inpatient drug rehab or outpatient services, depending on an individual’s needs.
When looking for addiction treatment near Salem, here are some questions to ask:
- accreditation: Has the program been licensed or certified by the state, and is it currently in good standing in the state?
- medication-assisted treatment: Does the recovery program offer medication for treating alcohol and opioid use disorders?
- proven treatment: Does the addiction treatment program offer proven and evidence-based practices in treating substance use disorders?
- family support: Does the rehab program include family members in the treatment process?
- continuing care: Does the drug rehab program provide ongoing treatment and support beyond treating the substance abuse issues?
Treatment Options Near Salem, NH
When a Salem resident decides to seek treatment, it is important that their drug or alcohol addiction is addressed promptly. People who decide to seek treatment should not wait.
A treatment provider will perform a drug and alcohol abuse assessment and offer a treatment plan that is appropriate.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Drug detox is nearby for Salem residents seeking recovery from substance use disorders.
Methadone, buprenorphine, and other prescription drugs may be used to treat opioid addiction, suppress withdrawal symptoms, and relieve cravings during detoxification.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Staying in drug and alcohol treatment long enough is critical for Salem residents, and inpatient treatment may last several weeks to several months.
Inpatient programs may include counseling and other behavioral therapies, which are common forms of mental health treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment for Salem residents may include intensive counseling sessions in the beginning and then transition to fewer hours per week.
Outpatient services normally include some sort of drug counseling but are less costly than inpatient rehab programs.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living may be part of a Salem resident’s treatment plan when leaving a more intensive inpatient treatment program.
Onsite counseling may be provided at these homes, and residents are expected to stay here for up to one year.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
A continuing-care plan is recommended for Salem residents after leaving substance abuse treatment and can provide help in maintaining sobriety.
Residents are encouraged to attend counseling and find a community support network.
Salem Substance Abuse Programs
Heroin and fentanyl are the most abused drugs in New Hampshire. There has been a steep increase in overdose deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bipartisan Addiction and Mental Health Task Force is fighting back in what they say is a mental health and addiction crisis.
Some of the goals of the task force are:
- to identify and advance meaningful solutions and enact policies to address the substance use disorder crisis
- improve access to mental health care, and reduce overdose deaths
- examine the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the mental health and the substance use disorder crisis
- work on a bipartisan basis to advance policies that will save lives
Salem, NH Addiction Statistics
In 2020, New Hampshire had more residents admitted to a treatment facility for heroin use than any other drug. Heroin and fentanyl are the most abused drugs in the state.
In 2019, Rockingham County had 73 drug overdose deaths, and in 2020 more than 400 opioid-related emergency department visits were reported.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Drug and alcohol treatment is available for those seeking help with addiction.
Bedrock Recovery Center, located in Canton, Massachusetts, is a short drive from Salem and offers alcohol detox and inpatient treatment, among other options, to those seeking help.
We offer treatment to residents in all of New Hampshire and around the United States.
Call our helpline today to find the help you or a loved one may need.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Salem, NH
- Congresswoman Ann McLane Kuster— Bipartisan Addiction and Mental Health Task Force Statement on CDC Report on Dramatic Increase in Overdose Deaths Across U.S. During COVID-19 Pandemic
- National Institute on Drug Abuse— Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction
- New Hampshire Drug Monitoring Initiative—2020 Overview Report
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—What is Substance Abuse Treatment?
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services—National Institute on Drug Abuse