Rehab Centers In Edison, NJ
A variety of drug treatment and alcohol rehab centers are available near Edison, New Jersey for residents battling substance use disorders.
Treatment options include mental health treatment, detoxification, drug and alcohol treatment, and rehabilitation services.
If you or a loved one are seeking treatment for substance abuse issues, there are many types of recovery support available.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Edison
Like all health care, recovery centers focus on different aspects of treatment. Not only is cost and insurance a factor, but finding the right treatment options can be overwhelming.
Choosing a quality treatment program, the right addiction services, and a detailed health plan is important for rehabilitation.
Components for Edison residents to look for when choosing a recovery center:
- program is licensed by the state
- program offers effective treatments, such as medication management, cognitive behavioral therapy, drug and alcohol counseling, education, and peer support
- approved medication, such as methadone, is used for recovery from alcohol and opioid use disorders
- family members are involved in support
- program provides long-term support such as ongoing counseling or recovery coaching
Treatment Options Near Edison, NJ
Addiction is a complex, but treatable illness. Many addiction services are geared toward different substance abuse, and it is important to determine if your treatment services cater to your needs.
Some of the treatment options include short-term care or long-term care, mental health treatment, telehealth services during COVID-19, IOP programs, PHP programs, and detox.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
Medications are an important part of detoxification and can be effective for people addicted to heroin or other opioids. Drugs like methadone can help reduce illicit drug use.
Medical detox near Edison can safely manage symptoms of withdrawal, but detox alone rarely helps in quitting drugs long term. Drug and alcohol detox is only the first step in treatment.
Learn more about alcohol and drug detox programs
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Inpatient treatment is usually structured and designed to help patients recognize bad behavior and adopt better ways to live. Inpatient treatment near Edison can be long- or short-term.
These recovery programs can begin as hospital-based and usually involve a 12-step program. Individuals are encouraged to transition to outpatient treatment, sober living, or continuing care.
Learn more about inpatient addiction treatment programs
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment near Edison can offer different levels of services and intensity. Some outpatient programs have intensive day treatment.
Normally, outpatient services involve group counseling and sometimes mental health treatment.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Transitional living near Edison provides living arrangements in a sober and drug-free environment with limited supervision or none at all.
Residents living together offer support to each other, continue counseling, or attend self-help and support programs.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Continuing care is an important part of the health plan for those recovering from addiction.
Aftercare programs near Edison offer members help, support, and encouragement in long-term recovery.
Substance Abuse Programs In Edison, NJ
The Middlesex County Substance Abuse Coalition helps with substance abuse prevention, and Edison participates in a county-wide stigma campaign.
The stigma campaign is geared to increase awareness and understanding of mental illness and addiction, and eliminate the stigma and discrimination in the community.
The Stigma Campaign’s goals are to:
- raise awareness of stigma surrounding drug and alcohol addiction
- to call attention to addiction and encourage treatment and support
- to change negative attitudes and behaviors
- promote a message of hope, healing, and recovery
- celebrate strength and resilience, rather than the focus on the illness
Edison, NJ Addiction Statistics
In 2019, heroin was the main drug used where Middlesex County residents sought drug treatment. There is a continuing concern for opioid use in the Edison area.
The second most widely used drug was alcohol followed by marijuana. Cocaine and other opiates were close behind.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Admitting you need help is the first step in finding a recovery center near Edison. You or your loved one will need recovery support, to learn new ways to cope with life, and attend support groups.
At Bedrock Recovery, we want to help residents near Edison find the right alcohol or drug rehab program. We serve New Jersey, New England, and the entire United States with recovery programs tailored to each person.
Contact us through our helpline today to find the treatment plan that is right for you or your loved one.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Edison, NJ
- Department of Human Services—New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse Overview 2019, Middlesex County https://www.nj.gov/humanservices/dmhas/publications/statistical/Substance%20Abuse%20Overview/2019/Mid.pdf
- Middlesex County, New Jersey—End Stigma http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/Government/Departments/CS/Pages/Addictions%20Mental%20Health/EndMIAStigma.aspx
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—What is Substance Abuse Treatment https://store.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/d7/priv/sma14-4126.pdf
- US Department of Health and Human Services—Methadone https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/medications-counseling-related-conditions/methadone
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services—National Institute on Drug Abuse https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/675-principles-of-drug-addiction-treatment-a-research-based-guide-third-edition.pdf