Drug use has been on the rise since the COVID-19 pandemic, but help is available near Manchester for those wrestling with a substance use disorder.
Addiction is a chronic illness, but many treatment options are at your disposal if you need assistance in finding help.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Manchester, CT
Treatment facilities are taking precautions against COVID-19 for residents near Manchester who want to seek treatment for drug or alcohol abuse.
Not all addiction treatment centers are the same, but knowing how to choose a facility can help ease your mind.
When looking for a rehab facility near Manchester look for these features:
- licensed treatment providers
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- proven treatment methods
- family support
- continuing care
Treatment Options Near Manchester, CT
It is not always easy to stop using drugs or alcohol, but treatment is offered near Manchester that can help you learn to live a drug-free life.
Treatment services available range from inpatient treatment to outpatient services, drug and alcohol detox, continuing care, and sober living.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
When a person is battling substance abuse, the first step of recovery is getting your body clean of drugs or alcohol. Detoxification programs are offered near Manchester and can assist residents with their addiction.
Medical detox is a form of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) that uses medications such as methadone to help with pain management, combat withdrawal symptoms, and curb drug cravings.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Short-term inpatient treatment is available near Manchester for people who need help with drug or alcohol addiction.
Oftentimes, inpatient rehab involves intensive therapy including counseling, a 12-step approach, and 24-hour care for several weeks. Many individuals transition to outpatient treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient treatment near Manchester can vary in the intensity and type of services offered. Group counseling is often a major component of intensive day treatment.
Some outpatient programs are designed to treat patients with co-occurring disorders and will provide drug treatment in addition to mental health treatment.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
Sober living homes offer residents near Manchester a safe place to live when they leave inpatient rehab.
These homes offer structured living with group counseling and peer support.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
The longer a person can stay involved in some sort of recovery support program, the better chance they have at living a drug-free life.
Individuals near Manchester are encouraged to take part in a 12-step program and find a community support group to help them maintain sobriety.
Manchester, CT Substance Abuse Programs
Hartford County participates in The High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) program to enhance drug control efforts in the county and surrounding areas.
Projects and Task Forces in Hartford County and surrounding areas include:
- Hartford County HIDTA Task Force – focuses on the Hartford County area and major transportation centers to reduce the availability of drugs in the area
- New England Fugitive Task Force – targets fugitive members and drug trafficking organizations operating in the New England area
- New England Domestic Highway Enforcement – promotes law enforcement efforts on the major highways that connect New England to drug sources-of-supply in surrounding areas
Manchester, CT Addiction Statistics
Hartford County ranked fifth in drug overdose mortality rates in 2019 and 2020.
Heroin, fentanyl, and cocaine are some of the most abused drugs in Connecticut. Heroin is the most commonly cited drug among primary drug treatment admissions.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
Most people need care to stop alcohol or drug use. Seek help today if you or a loved one is abusing drugs.
Just a short trip by car, Bedrock Recovery Center in Canton, Massachusetts, offers drug and alcohol treatment to all of Connecticut and surrounding areas. We can assist with inpatient rehab or drug and alcohol detox.
Let us answer your questions, ease your mind about COVID-19, or assist with health insurance. Call our helpline today, and let us give you the recovery support you need.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Manchester, CT
- Connecticut Department of Public Health—Drug Overdose Monthly Report https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Injury-Prevention/Opioid-Overdose-Data/Monthly-Death-Reports/March-2021_2020-and-2019-Drug-Overdose-Deaths-Monthly-Report_CT_Updated-4_12_2021.pdf
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—FAQs on COVID-19 and Substance Use https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/comorbidity/covid-19-substance-use
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse—Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- Office of National Drug Control Policy—Connecticut Drug Control Update https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-connecticut.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) —Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) —Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-FFR1-2016/NSDUH-FFR1-2016.pdf