Rehab Centers In Merrimack, NH
Drug and alcohol addiction is a chronic disease and assistance is available for those who need help near Merrimack.
Many treatment services, including alcohol detox, drug treatment, and behavioral health services, are offered for those with a drug or alcohol addiction.
Choosing A Rehab Facility Near Merrimack
Choosing the right rehab facility for yourself or a loved one can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for in a recovery center.
A reputable treatment facility should offer an assessment to determine the individual needs of each person.
Reputable treatment facilities near Merrimack should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Does the treatment facility have licensing and accreditation?
- Are the treatment programs tried and proven effective?
- Are medications used for detox FDA-approved?
- Is family support encouraged and part of each treatment plan?
- Is continuing care supported and part of extended treatment?
Treatment Options Near Merrimack, NH
Substance abuse treatment available to Merrimack residents should include treatment options that go along with specific drug or alcohol abuse.
No two individuals are alike and neither are your problems. Each person should be given a specific recovery program that aids in their health care.
Alcohol And Drug Detoxification Programs
For Merrimack residents, alcohol or drug detox may be the initial action needed to address your addiction. Many people go through medical detox before starting inpatient treatment.
Detoxification uses drugs such as methadone or buprenorphine to aid in pain associated with withdrawal cravings.
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Programs
Merrimack residents seeking treatment for substance abuse may need inpatient treatment that provides 24-hour care.
If a person gets a dual diagnosis, their treatment plan will include drug or alcohol treatment along with mental health treatment.
Outpatient Treatment For Addiction
Outpatient services offered near Merrimack normally involve drug education and counseling. Intensive outpatient programs include daily counseling sessions which may last several weeks.
Outpatient treatment is normally a good option for people who have a job, an extensive support system at home, and have transportation to their sessions.
Sober Living And Transitional Living
When Merrimack residents leave inpatient treatment and transition back into society, they may experience temptations.
Sober living can help the transition by offering a drug-free and structured environment that includes counseling.
Aftercare And Continuing Care
Continuing care is an important part of long-term recovery for Merrimack residents who are learning to live independently while maintaining sobriety.
People are encouraged to find community support groups to help them continue a substance-free life.
Merrimack Substance Abuse Programs
The NH Governor’s Commission on Alcohol and Other Drugs was established in 2000. Its mission was to significantly reduce alcohol and other drug problems and their behavioral, health, and social consequences for the citizens of New Hampshire.
There are currently eight task forces, each led by a Commission member, to gather expertise and input to provide recommendations to the full Commission.
Some facts about the Commission and task forces include:
- Task Force members are appointed by the chair of the Commission and make decisions by vote as needed.
- All task force meetings are open to the public.
- The Commission is required to provide a strategic plan and regular reports, which includes a three-year Action
- Plan with a focus on alignment, coordination, innovation, and accountability.
Merrimack, NH Addiction Statistics
Heroin and fentanyl are two of the most abused drugs in Hillsborough County.
They had more opioid-related emergency department visits and admissions for drug treatment in 2020 than any other county in the state.
New Hampshire ranks sixth-highest among states for binge drinking among those aged 18-25 years old.
Why Choose Bedrock Recovery Center?
If you are looking for drug or alcohol treatment, we can help.
Bedrock Recovery Center, located in Canton, Massachusetts is a short drive from Merrimack and offers alcohol and drug detox along with inpatient drug rehab. We provide addiction treatment to New Hampshire and all of New England.
If you don’t know how to find the right treatment options, call our helpline today. We can help get you or your loved one on a road to recovery.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Merrimack, NH
- National Institute on Drug Abuse — Types of Treatment Programs https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- NH Governor’s Commission—Commission Overview https://1viuw040k2mx3a7mwz1lwva5-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/CommissionOverviewFinalApproved.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—Struggling with Addiction? Tips on Finding Quality Treatment https://blog.samhsa.gov/2019/01/23/struggling-with-addiction-tips-on-finding-quality-treatment
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration—What is Substance Abuse Treatment? https://store.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/d7/priv/sma14-4126.pdf
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services—National Institute on Drug Abuse https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/675-principles-of-drug-addiction-treatment-a-research-based-guide-third-edition.pdf