Alcohol and drug rehab facilities in Brookhaven, NY offer a wide variety of treatments for addiction to help address the needs of a diverse population.
If you are considering attending a drug rehab program in New York, then Brookhaven, NY may have the program you’re looking for.
Rates Of Substance Abuse In Brookhaven, NY
Brookhaven, NY is located in Suffolk County on the eastern end of Long Island. Although the town is 50 miles from Manhattan, it is still a part of the New York City metropolitan area.
Our team has gathered information related to current substance abuse trends in Brookhaven, NY below.
Trends in drug and alcohol abuse in Brookhaven, NY:
- In 2019, Suffolk County’s DASH hotline received nearly 1,400 calls related to substance use disorders.
- The number of calls has decreased each year since, but there were still over 900 calls in 2021.
- Opioid-related overdose deaths in Suffolk County have decreased in recent years, as Naloxone training has increased.
Treatment Programs For Addiction In Brookhaven, NY
Every drug and alcohol rehab center has its own treatment services that they use to build comprehensive addiction care plans. The services you have access to will largely depend on the program and level of care that you choose.
Addiction recovery services may include:
- 12-step programs
- adolescent programs
- aftercare services
- alcohol treatment
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- dual diagnosis treatment
- family services
- group counseling services
- inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- long-term residential treatment
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- naloxone training
- opioid drug treatment
- outpatient treatment
- support groups
Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment In Brookhaven, NY
If you have a private health insurance plan, then it likely includes some coverage for chemical dependency treatment.
To learn more about what your private insurance is able to provide, contact our team at Bedrock Recovery Center.
New York State Medicaid
Medicaid is a government-run insurance program that provides accessible healthcare to residents who meet the financial eligibility requirements.
Unlike Medicare, this program does not require you to have a diagnosed disability or senior citizen status. Eligibility is purely based on financial need.
Cigna is a major private insurance provider with a base of operations in New England. They have a well-developed national network.
If you would like to use your Cigna insurance for addiction treatment, then contact your representative to learn more about your options.
Capital District Physicians Healthcare
Capital District Physicians Healthcare is an Albany-based insurance company started by physicians to provide New Yorkers with regional health insurance options.
The company has one of the larger networks within New York state and the surrounding region for people who need addiction treatment coverage.
FAQs For Addiction Treatment Centers In Brookhaven, NY
Choosing an addiction treatment program for yourself or a loved one can be difficult, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the process.
Our team has put together a short list of your most commonly asked questions regarding addiction care in Brookhaven, NY.
What Can I Expect During My Detox Program In Brookhaven, NY?
What you experience during detox in Brookhaven, NY will depend on your medical history and the nature of your alcohol or drug addiction.
If your physician indicates that you may be at risk for more dangerous withdrawal symptoms, then follow their medical advice and go to a medical detox center with the proper qualifications.
Are Holistic Treatments Useful To Addiction Recovery In Brookhaven, NY?
The efficacy of holistic treatments can vary widely depending on the individual and the program.
In Brookhaven, NY holistic therapies are mostly used as a supplement to evidence-based treatments. These therapies can help to improve general wellness as you go through treatment.
Do Drug Rehab Programs In Brookhaven, NY Offer Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Dual diagnosis treatment is not available through every rehab program in Brookhaven, NY, but it is commonly offered as part of evidence-based programs.
Dual diagnosis treatment can be especially important for people who have co-occurring mental health disorders related to their addiction.
Should I Choose An Intensive Outpatient Program In Brookhaven, NY?
Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) help to meet the needs of people who require a more structured program but do not want to stay in an inpatient rehab center.
IOPs typically meet several times a week to ensure that all participants have regular interactions with their sober community and staff.
What Happens After I Finish My Addiction Treatment In Brookhaven, NY?
Ideally, you will have every opportunity to create a successful, drug-free life after finishing addiction treatment in Brookhaven, NY, but the transition can be hard for many people.
If you find that you are struggling after completing your treatment program, contact your rehab center to discuss their aftercare and relapse prevention services.
Find Substance Use Treatment At Bedrock Recovery Center
If you or a loved one are interested in enrolling in substance abuse treatment in Brookhaven, NY, then call our Bedrock Recovery Center helpline.
Our team will introduce you to our accredited treatment facilities and available levels of care, while answering all of your questions regarding addiction treatment.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Brookhaven, NY
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) https://nida.nih.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- New York State Department of Health https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/
- New York State Department of Health https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/data/pdf/nys_opioid_annual_report_2021.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt32849/NewYork-BH-Barometer_Volume6.pdf
- Suffolk County New York Legislature https://www.scnylegislature.us/DocumentCenter/View/81381/122021-Addiction-Prevention-and-Support-Advisory-Panel-2021-Final-Report-PDF