Addiction treatment facilities in Islip, NY provide a variety of resources for addiction treatment to help people with different substance use disorders and medical histories.
If you are considering drug or alcohol treatment in New York state, then Islip, NY, may have options that suit your needs.
Rates Of Substance Abuse In Islip, NY
Islip, NY is located in Suffolk County along the southern shore of Long Island. With a population of approximately 330,000, it is one of the most populous places in the state.
Our team has gathered recent data on trends in substance use in Islip, NY below.
Trends in drug and alcohol abuse in Islip, NY:
- Between 2019 and 2020 there was a 40 percent increase in fatal overdoses in Suffolk County, partially due to the changes that came with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Islip had the third highest number of opioid-overdose deaths in Suffolk County in 2020 after Brookhaven and Babylon.
- Islip had the second highest number of opioid-overdose deaths in Suffolk County in 2021 with 65 total deaths, an increase from the previous year.
Treatment Programs For Addiction In Islip, NY
Alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs need to be versatile in order to provide comprehensive care for a wide range of people.
Depending on your rehab facility and level of care, your treatment plan could include a number of different services.
Addiction recovery services may include:
- 12-step programs
- adolescent programs
- aftercare services
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- family therapy
- group counseling
- heroin treatment services
- inpatient treatment
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- methadone maintenance
- motivational interviewing
- outpatient treatment
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- residential treatment
- support groups
Insurance Coverage For Addiction Treatment In Islip, NY
Health insurance companies in the United States generally provide coverage for addiction treatment to help prevent the long-term health consequences of substance abuse.
To learn more about what your insurance plan includes, contact our team at Bedrock Recovery Center to go over the specifics of your insurance coverage.
New York State Medicaid
Residents of the state of New York who meet certain financial eligibility requirements may be able to secure low-cost health insurance through Medicaid.
Medicaid is not a universally accepted payment option at all alcohol and drug treatment centers, so you should check with your program before deciding to use Medicaid for addiction treatment.
Martin’s Point US Family Health Plan
If you or an immediate family member are part of the armed forces, then you may qualify for the Martin’s Point US Family Health Plan.
This insurance company works throughout the northeastern United States to provide active duty servicemen and their families with civilian health insurance.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the largest health insurance providers in the United States. Their network is well-established, and the brand is widely recognized.
As a result, Blue Cross Blue Shield is a commonly accepted payment option at drug and alcohol rehab facilities in New York.
FAQs For Addiction Treatment Centers In Islip, NY
Finding the ideal recovery program for your addiction care can be challenging even when you have some experience with substance abuse treatment.
Our team has put together some of your most frequently asked questions to help provide you with the information you need to make the right decisions for your situation.
Do I Need To See My Doctor Before Starting Addiction Treatment In Islip, NY?
If you are going to be paying for treatment through your insurance, then you may need a referral from your primary care provider to get your treatment approved.
Otherwise, it is not necessary to meet with a physician prior to entering a drug and alcohol rehab center in Islip, NY unless you want specific medical advice related to your healthcare.
Will Detox Help With My Withdrawal Symptoms?
If you are going through a supervised drug detox at an accredited detox center in Islip, NY, then there will be staff ready to provide assistance if needed.
Unless you are in a medical detox program with qualified staff, you may need to be transferred to a hospital if your withdrawal symptoms become severe enough to cause harm.
Can Drug And Alcohol Rehab Centers In Islip, NY Help With My Mental Illness?
Evidence-based programs in Islip, NY that provide dual diagnosis treatment may actually be able to help you with your co-occurring mental illness.
It is quite common for mental health disorders and addiction to co-occur, so many evidence-based addiction treatments prioritize approaches that also address mental health.
If I Go Into An Inpatient Rehab Program In Islip, NY, How Often Will I See My Family?
An inpatient drug rehab center can provide important tools for addiction recovery in Islip, NY, but there are downsides if you have a family that you’re used to seeing all of the time.
The good news is that many of these programs include family services with set times for you to see your family members at regular intervals and even attend therapy together.
What Is The Risk Of Relapse After Completing Addiction Treatment In Islip, NY?
The risk of relapse following treatment is always high. Statistically, more than half of people who go into treatment for chemical dependency will relapse, most within 90 days of sobriety.
Fortunately, rehabilitation programs in Islip, NY provide a number of relapse prevention services that you can utilize to support your continued sobriety when you’re stressed or tempted.
Find Substance Use Treatment At Bedrock Recovery Center
If you are looking for substance use treatment for yourself or a loved one in Islip or New York City, then give our helpline at Bedrock Recovery Center a call.
Our dedicated team will answer all of your questions and introduce you to our state-of-the-art facilities and multiple levels of care.
Directions to our facility in Canton, MA from Islip, NY
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) https://nida.nih.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs
- New York State Department of Health https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/
- New York State Department of Health https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/opioid/data/pdf/nys_opioid_annual_report_2021.pdf
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt32849/NewYork-BH-Barometer_Volume6.pdf
- Suffolk County New York Legislature https://www.scnylegislature.us/DocumentCenter/View/81381/122021-Addiction-Prevention-and-Support-Advisory-Panel-2021-Final-Report-PDF